Reversing Diabetes with Raw Food

I went raw overnight. Well, not me exactly. My husband did. But I learned how to prepare raw food overnight. And not just any raw food... Raw food without sugar. That means no fruit, no grains, no sweeteners except stevia, which I hear is terrible, and no beans except sprouted mung beans and lentils. You see my husband has diabetes. And he's eating raw to get healthy.

November 7, 2009

Raw For 30 Days - It's Working!!!

My husband is the patient one. I want results NOW. We're getting them, just not quite at the pace we saw in the movie. So, I keep reminding myself of Herrings Law of Cure: We heal from the top down, from the inside out and in the reverse order in which symptoms occurred. That means his pancreas will get better before his belly gets smaller. I also tell myself it's one thing to follow the Green Food diet on a ranch in the desert while taking long walks and practicing yoga, and quite another to do it in Central New York while going to work and raising kids.

Still, here's what's changed for him so far:
* Blood sugar at or near normal levels
* Insulin use cut in half
* Increased energy
* Fewer naps
* No swelling in lower legs or feet
* No bloating
* No stomach aches
* Clothes fit looser

Also, he says he feels good. And he likes the food.