Reversing Diabetes with Raw Food

I went raw overnight. Well, not me exactly. My husband did. But I learned how to prepare raw food overnight. And not just any raw food... Raw food without sugar. That means no fruit, no grains, no sweeteners except stevia, which I hear is terrible, and no beans except sprouted mung beans and lentils. You see my husband has diabetes. And he's eating raw to get healthy.

November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Won't Be Raw...Well, Mostly

My husband's going to eat real food on Thanksgiving. And that's OK. He's already broken his diet a couple of times - at a wedding, his birthday, a dinner out with my parents.

I'm a firm believer in moderation. Get too rigid, deny yourself too much, and it backfires. I also believe he'll go right back to the raw way as soon as the holiday ends. Especially since he knows he'll get another break next month.

Besides, I'm bringing two raw dishes to Thanksgiving dinner - a green bean vinaigrette and Arugula Cumin Salad. So, everyone will get a few enzymes to help the turkey go down.